It's important to be proactive when it comes to protecting your personal information. To help - we've put together a few simple guidelines that don't just apply to banking but to any situation where your personal information could be at risk.
Keeping your card safe
Always take steps to ensure your Visa Debit Card is protected
- Do not share card details to cold callers over the phone.
- Keep your pin somewhere safe, don't disclose it to anyone make it unique if you plan on changing it.
- Record when new and replacement cards have been ordered. If it does not arrive in time give us a call.
- Never lend your card to anyone.
- If you do lose your card report it immediately to us on 8227 2222 or if it is out of hours call 1800 648 027.
Safe Internet Banking
Bank securely online
- Always access Internet Banking via our official website and Mobile App.
- Do not share your password with anyone.
- Avoid using public computer to log in to your Internet Banking.
- Install anti-virus software onto your computer.
- Always log out when finished.
Safe Mobile Banking
Bank securely with the app
- Always set your device to auto-lock when finished.
- Use the finger print to access accounts where possible.
- Do not use the same 4 digit pin that you use for you card to access your Internet Banking.
- Ensure SMS security codes are secure by keeping your details up-to-date with us.
- Ensure operating systems and apps are up-to-date.
Protect yourself from Scams
Identify scams at home
- Scams offering to fix your computer are on the rise - if you receive an unsolicited phone call be cautious.
- Never give your log on details, personal information or account access to another person - particularly ones over the phone.
- Be wary of emails from email addresses that you don't know or trust.
- Do not provide your Member Number or Tele Service in response to an email or phone call. If we have contacted you we will not ask for that information.
- Your letterbox can be a goldmine of personal information. Switch to eStatements to avoid having your statement easily accessed from there.
- Keep your contact details with us up-to-date so we can contact you if we notice some unusual activity.
- If you think you have come into contact with a scammer or believe you're a victim of fraud or a scam, call us as soon as possible.
Shop safely online
- Do not make the purchase if the website seems suspicious.
- Protect your personal information when shopping online.
- Where possible use PayPal that comes with built in consumer protection.
- Check the website is secuirty enabled by looking for https:// in the web address.