Who looks after your loan if you can't?
It's important to think about the effect on you and your family if, through unforeseen circumstances, you're unable to meet your loan repayments.
Many people don't think about the impact a serious accident or illness, unemployment or even death would have on their loan. How will the mortgage or loan for the new car be paid?
Often the view is that sick leave, annual leave or even superannuation will help, but that may not be the case. Consumer Credit insurance offers peace of mind knowing that the loan is taken care of up to the maximum policy benefits.
You can cover your loan obligations by taking out Consumer Credit Insurance (CCI) when you apply for a loan with us.
Two types of CCI are available and are specifically designed for the different style of loan:
- Loan Cover Insurance – for Personal Loans
- Five Year Mortgage Repayment Insurance – for Mortgage Loans
CCI offers cover for*:
- Disability – meets your loan repayments while you are unable to work due to injury or illness.
- Unemployment – meets your loan repayments while you are involuntarily unemployed.
- Death – pays the outstanding balance of your loan if you should die.
- You can choose a combination of cover: death disability & unemployment, disability and unemployment, death and disability, disability only or death only.
- Up to two borrowers can take the insurance and they can select different levels of cover.
Paying the premium for CCI is easy
- For personal loans, one payment covers you for the term of the loan and you can have the premium included as part of your loan.
- For mortgages, one payment covers you for a 5-year term and you can have the premium included as part of your loan
For further information, call us on 8227 2222 or email us now.
This is general advice only; please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to see if these products are right for you.
*subject to eligibility, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the policy
Consumer Credit Insurance issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (Allianz) AFSL 234708 ABN 15 000 122 850. AFSL No. 234708, is the insurer of, and is only responsible for, the disability and involuntary unemployment covers. Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited (Allianz Life) ABN 27 076 033 782, AFSL No. 296559, is the insurer of, and is only responsible for, the death cover. Allianz acts as Allianz Life’s agent in offering and administering the death cover. Fire Services Credit Union Limited ABN 17 087 651 152, AFSL No. 237515 arranges this insurance as an agent of Allianz. If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Ask us for more details, before we provide you with any services.This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement and Insurance Policy (PDS) available from this page, before deciding whether the product is appropriate for you.