Your Fire Service Credit Union membership brings real benefits, not just for you but for your family too. Our goal is to build relationships with our members and ensure satisfaction by providing unparalleled service. We know you, and we know your industry. We know our business, products and services.
Credit Unions are financial co-operatives. The primary purpose of Credit Unions is not to maximise profits but rather to contribute to the economic and social well-being of their members. We do this by encouraging savings and offering loans and other financial services that enable people to conduct their affairs wih dignity and at the lowest possible cost.
We can offer
- Friendly efficient service from your own team of Personal Bankers
- Fee free banking
- Free Visa debit card – easy access to your money all around the globe
- Internet and mobile banking
- Low rate loan products
- Business accounts
- Insurance – Home, Car, Landlord, Boat and Caravan
- Travel cards and foreign cash
- Financial planning
And much more!
Who can Join?
To become a member of the Fire Service Credit Union you will need to:
- Be a part of Emergency Services in South Australia
- Be related to someone working in Emergency Services
How to Join?
Australian Government Legislation requires Fire Service Credit Union to verify an individual’s identity. We will need your identification documents before we can give you access to our services.
Step 1: Complete the Membership Application Form
Step 2: Provide your identification in branch. Or if you send us a copy you will need to complete the Certification Form and have a JP certify this. (See below for types of Identifications that are required).
Step 3: Contribute $10.00 for your Credit Union share.
- You’ll be part owner
- You get a say in how your financial institution is run
Step 4: Return the Membership Application, Identification and $10.00 share to Fire Service Credit Union.
Documents we require to verify your identity are either any Category A Document
or any Category B Document AND any Category C Document
Category A Documents: Primary Photographic Identification documents
- Current Australian Passport (or one that has expired within last 2 years)
- Current Driver’s Licence, containing photograph
- Current Australian Proof of Age card, containing photograph
- Current passport issued by a foreign government
Category B Documents: Primary Non-photographic Identification documents.
- Birth Certificate or Birth Extract issued by the Australian Government or a foreign government
- Citizenship certificate issued by the Australian Government or foreign government
- Pension card / Seniors card / Medicare card / DVA card / Health care card or any other entitlement card issued by the Australian Government
Category C Documents: Secondary Identification documents
- Benefit notice issued by the Australian, State or Territory government within the last 12 months
- Tax assessment notice issued by the Australian Tax Office within the last 12 months
- Council rates notice or utilities bill issued within the last 3 months, containing Residential Address
How do I close my membership?
We’ll be sad to see you go, but if you wish to close all of your accounts you can do so by completing the resignation form and emailing to us at email@example.com.
Before you close your membership, here are some things you should consider:
- your membership cannot be fully closed until all your services and accounts have been settled. This includes any interest owing, pending transactions or fees plus, loans and advances.
- We’re unable to cancel your recurring Visa debit card payments – you will need to notify the organisations directly to cancel these direct debits.
- Don’t forget to change over or cancel your direct debits or credits (wages).
- If you require copies of statements please ensure you download them from Internet Banking prior to termination taking effect.
- We’ll let you know either by post or email once we’ve closed your accounts and services. Also, if you paid your member share when joining us, we’ll return your share funds to your nominated account.