08 8227 2222
BSB: 805 013

Compliments and Complaints

Compliments and Complaints

Here at FSCU, we value your thoughts.

Tell us about your compliment

We love to hear about your positive experiences and when someone in our team makes things easier, quicker or special for you, we like to pass on member compliments to our team.

Resolving Complaints

We aim to provide quality products delivered with the highest level of service to our members. We understand that sometimes things don’t go according to plan and issues can arise.

So that you have the opportunity to make your complaint known, Fire Service Credit Union has an Internal Dispute Resolution procedure. This service is free of charge and easy to access, so you can lodge your complaint or feedback.

How to make a complaint

You can raise your complaint with our Staff in person, over the phone, fax, email, via our website or in writing.

Our contact details
Office Hours
  • Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8.30am – 4.45pm
  • Tuesday: 9.30am – 4.45pm
What happens next?

The Staff member who receives your complaint will try to resolve your issue as soon as possible “on the spot” if they can, if not within 3 business days. However if this is not possible we will give you the name and contact details of a staff member that will be responsible for dealing with your complaint.

We will do our best to ensure that our investigation is completed, and a decision on your complaint is communicated to you within 21 days of receiving your complaint. We will inform you if we need more time than that and provide regular progress updates.

What if you are not happy with the outcome?

If you are not satisfied with our response or the handling or your complaint you can contact to our external dispute resolution service AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority) for an external review of the decision made.

AFCA is a free, independent and impartial service established to resolve disputes between participating Financial Institutions and their Members which cannot be resolved internally. 

The Australian Financial Complaints Authority

View our Dispute Resolution Guide for further information on the process for lodging a complaint and what you can expect from us.

Accessibility services
National Relay Service

We welcome calls through the National Relay Service if you are deaf, have a hearing impairment and/or have a speech impairment. Choose your relay access option (information here) and provide our phone number 08 8227 2222, when asked by the relay officer.

Translating and Interpreter Service

If English isn’t your first language, you can access a free interpreter service through Translating and Interpreter Services (TIS). This service is provided by the Department of Home Affairs and is available in over 150 languages. You can ask our staff to arrange this service for you at any of our branches or over the phone.

Dispute Resolution Guide